The Brookings Venture: Ep 2, Make It Loud, and Make It Bloody







Hello Readers!
2nd Episode using the comic style. Apologies, but I'm going to be a little inconsistent with the way it's presented while I learn how to get the best out of this tool.

The rules being played are "Hardwired" by Patrick Todoroff, and specifically, I'm playing through the 6 mission expansion of "Tsim Sha Tsui" adapted narratively to the 40k universe.
It's a nice "lightish" set of rules built around cooperative play of a small team of elites with an ever increasing pool of bad guys. It's very suitable to solo play, and oddly, when I seem to have no lack of gaming partners and events (going to Port Maw in a couple of weeks, and as it's a Narrative Team Event, I've been scheming with my fellow Task Force Commanders on a nasty plan to unleash upon the Chaos scum AND I'm getting a visit from airbornegrove26 next weekend) I'm finding the pull of my own Sector Six to be very strong. This seems to scratch that itch pretty well.

Let me know if I can add any details, and I'll be onto mission 2 next week.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Get comic life 1 your life will be much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I have ;)
      The updates just seem to make it more complicated, not actually any better.

      Delete
    2. Oh okay , some of the pages looked like version 3 which is such a hassle

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Preacher,
      Yes, I've been meaning to switch over. I've always like other blogs that use it.

      Delete
  3. Nice, how do you find the rules compare to the Pulp ally rules you were using before? Still going to use them for the less violent games? Or does Hard Wired have rules for none combat games as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulp Alley is great for "Small Elite Team" vs "Small Elite Team". Hard Wired is good for "Small Elite Team" vs. "Goon Horde". It can be played solo or co-op, as the Bad Guys essentially spawn, move and shoot without the need to work a plan.

      Delete
  4. Excellent report! I'm sorry I missed all this so very long. I don't seem to be getting e-mail updates, and I'll have to see if I can understand why. But . . . wow, it's neat seeing that there's a backlog to catch up on. :) Hope you're still getting in good game time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment