I Got Distracted.... by Blackstone Fortress


Hello Readers,
Don't worry, the Trade War Campaign is still on, but I got the Blackstone Fortress game over the Christmas Holidays and became obsessed with painting all of it. Forty Four Figures!

First up, Bad Guys...
Above are the Chaos Marines

Next are the little monitor dudes that are native to the space station

Some Chaos Ur-Ghuls

Beastmen! Grrrrr...

The wicked looking Chaos Space Sorcerers (or Navigators, or bound Demons...) whatevs, they look so cool. (More than any other figures, THESE have potential for serious airtime in Sector Six)

Electro Shock Baddies

...and some Chaos Guardsmen. There are 2 sets of 7 (only one set pictured).

I finished painting the good guys, and I'll be posting them next.

I know my output has suffered recently, but I realized more than anything else, the reason is I keep trying to create big posts, and then then I'm intimidated by how much I have to do before a post is ready.  So, then I don't post anything, so then I think bigger, and then, and then... and then it cycles through the death spiral and the end of the universe as we know it.

I'm going to go back to the old way of nice compact posts. The Universe is saved. 

Happy New Year, and thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Nice job and a perfectly understandable distraction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don,
      I've never painted any Chaos models (with 1 exception from over 20 years abo) but these really jumped out at me.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you actually painted all of them? You are my hero! I know what you mean about blogging. Don't worry and just do whatever makes you feel comfortable. We will be reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. Yeah, I looked back through many blogs and realized smaller chunks were the answer.

      Delete
  3. What a delightful gift. I'm impressed with how fast you've cracked out your figs as well. I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety around posting.....it's good that you've had a realization that should short circuit it though! We, the readers, will benefit as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BF is a great set.
      I wouldn't describe my issue as anxiety ( or intimidation even) more just daunted I think.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Nice work on these, and good for you for actually painting them and not putting the box aside "for later".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a whole bunch of other stuff got bumper to the "later" box instead. Thanks for the compliment although, I would say the quality was a mixed bag. Some I really liked, some...well, washes are your friend.

      Delete
  5. Good job! I haven't even started assembling mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at myself. my plan just went totally off the rails, and this project took over.

      Delete
  6. it is a great box set. I have yet to pick it up, but I have bought a few of the figs off of Evil-bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the figures are amazing. There are some great characters for the narrative part of my blog.

      Delete
  7. Awesome work dawg! Post your content, no matter what you think. Quality is subjective. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, I forget this is supposed to be about my experience with the hobby. Not some outside standard.

      Delete
  8. Many happy returns Will & may I say a nice set of nicely painted models.
    Have you played the game yet ? I've had a quick look at the rules by not enough to have any idea of what it might be like but was chatting to a mate the other day that's played it & he was happy with it, been able to play solo nearly got me to buy it but tbh I've more then enough on my plate to keep me busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done 2 solo playthroughs in preparation for introducing the game to others. I've never played a GW dungeon crawl (Like Silver Tower etc...) I found it entertaining, but setting up each level is a little time consuming. I would recommend setting up an area BEFORE gameplay, and then when you draw an encounter card, it simply defaults to the one already set up. That will speed things along.

      Combat is fun and resembles a "zombie attack" in these first plays because you pull the stronger opposition out of the encounter deck until the characters begin to level up to prepare. So the enemy is usually hordes of inept Chaos Guardsmen.

      Post mission is complicated, but I think with a full set of players would move along smoothly as each player would learn from the previous one going through the steps.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. "I'm doing my part!"

      ...would you like to know more?

      Delete

Post a Comment